On 20 and 22 September 2016, Public-Private Partnership seminars were organised by GRATA International in Astana and Almaty in cooperation with the Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer law firm.
The main topic of the event was: 'Legal and Practical Aspects of Public-Private Partnership (PPP): reviewing CIS project experience for Kazakhstan.
The seminar program included:
- What is PPP: What legal definition of standard business entity structure;
- PPP models in legislations of Russia and Kazakhstan;
- Types and key features of PPP contract documentation;
- Key legal requirements for financeability (bankability) of PPP.
Fedor Teselkin, Partner at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP law firm, Moscow.
Shaimerden Chikanayev, Partner at GRATA International law firm, Almaty.
Special guests and speakers:
- Mr. Adil Utembayev Nurlanovich, Chairman of the Board of the Public-Private Partnership Advisory Center;
- Grigory Savva, Principal Banker, Infrastructure, Russia, Central Asia and Mongolia. European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD);
- Ruslan Dosmakhanov, Deputy Chairman, Board of NC ‘Almaty’ Social and Business Corporation JSC.
The seminar presentations(in Russian) can be found in the following links:
- Public-private partnership in Kazakhstan: regulatory framework and practice;
- Public-private partnership in Russia: regulatory framework and practice;
- Kazakhstan Project Preparation Fund;
- EBRD approaches to PPP projects financing;
- Ongoing work on PPP projects.
The events were attended by over 150 people.
During the events, participants had the opportunity to ask questions and get qualified answers and advice.
Follow the news about upcoming seminars of GRATA International on our website: www.gratanet.com, or contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all additional questions relating to PPP, you can contact Shaimerden Chikanayev, Partner, GRATA International, Almaty: email@example.com.